Senior Care Services in Collegeville, PA
Collegeville is a small borough in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, where the population was 5,089 at the time of the 2010 census. Collegeville was incorporated as a borough in 1896, which was a few years after it became the home of Ursinus College in 1869. Within relatively short traveling distance to Philadelphia, Collegeville is a reasonably small town, approximately 1.6 square miles long. SEPTA buses serve the Collegeville area, specifically the Route 93 bus, which runs along Collegeville's Main Street and Ridge Pike.
Route 29 also runs through Collegeville, with Allentown to the north, and Malvern to the south.
The median household income is $77, 499, and most people in the community are hard-working, middle-class citizens.
The land on which Collegeville is situated was part of the original William Penn purchase in 1684. In 1799, the famous Perkiomen Bridge was built and later found itself at the heart of the only major scandal to develop in the borough's history.
A dispute over the naming of the town ensued, and an angry band of citizens took to the bridge, where they set fire to the toll booth and through the gate in the river.
Neither side of the controversy won the battle in the naming of the town, as it was decided to settle upon "Collegeville", not because it is home to Ursinus College, as it is often presently assumed, but because the town was the location of the Pennsylvania Female College, which closed its doors in 1880.
Things to Do
There are many great adventures to be had in this excellent location, so if you have time to spend in the area, be sure to check out some of the options:
- Sky Riders Balloon Team - For those who do not have a fear of heights, hot air ballooning is an outstanding opportunity to get a rare perspective of the landscape. Flights over the beautiful countryside are an exceptional way to spend a special occasion. For a romantic twist, book a champagne flight, and make a toast to your relationship.
- Perkiomen Trail - You can't get enough of the great outdoors? Perkiomen Trail is an excellent option for those who appreciate multi-use trails and want to spend hours exploring the area.
- Red Buffalo Ranch - Situated on the edge of Evansburg State Park, this ranch is a horse lover's dream come true. For people of all ability levels, there are guided tours and lessons available for your enjoyment.
Places to Eat in Collegeville
- Bonjung Japanese Restaurant - If you are looking for unique Japanese or Korean food, this establishment will not disappoint.
- Collegeville Italian Bakery - Stop in for a pizza, or a bite of Italian food. All bread and rolls are baked on site, and breakfast pies are a trendy option. Check it out, and grab a bite to eat.
Who We Are and How We Can Help
Whether you need help a few hours a week in your home, or getting out to the store, if you require 24-hour care, or if your needs fall somewhere in between, we have solutions to serve you and help you to live your best possible life.
Elmira Johnson Reviews Comfort Keepers
Collegeville Senior Caregivers
"We reached out to Comfort Keepers to take care of my father with Alzheimers about 8 months ago. I wouldn't trust any other company to care for him."